The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence* Chairs, Stephen Metcalfe MP and Lord Clement-Jones CBE, have invited Tim Pullan to speak at the first Evidence Meeting in 2018 that will take place in Parliament on Monday 22nd January.
A panel of 4-5 influential people from business, government organisations, regulation bodies, and academia have been invited to share their experience, vision or view on a particular AI topic and to comment on the regulatory, policy or budget relevance they believe policymakers and regulators should focus on.
What will be discussed?
- How do we ensure consumers are protected when it comes to data?
- What do businesses/people need to do to prepare for GDPR?
- How can the ‘right to explanation’ be enforced? Should it?
- What should data governance structures look like?
We will be proposing ways to address some of AI’s complex issues, providing suggested steps for how to get there and key stakeholders (organisations or people) to involve in the process.
Other speakers confirmed at the meeting are:
- Elizabeth Denham- UK Information Commissioner, Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
- Stephen Chandler- European General Counsel, NVIDIA
- Professor J. Mark Bishop- Director of TCIDA (The Centre for Intelligent Data Analytics) and Professor of Cognitive Computing at Goldsmiths, University of London
- Mike Hyde - Data Science Director, Facebook (to be confirmed)